[postgis-users] PostGIS and Mapserver
Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
ezequias at recife.pe.gov.br
Fri Sep 16 10:03:36 PDT 2005
I am trying to access postgis via mapserver (a cgi server) but the
resoult is allways a problem. Could anobody take a look on my problem ?
the stack trace is shown below:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'bairros'.
msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Query error. couldnt make connection to DB with
connect string 'user=postgres password=pt dbname=db1
Error reported was 'could not create socket: Permission denied '.
This error occured when trying to make a connection to the specified
Most commonly this is caused by
(1) incorrect connection string
(2) you didnt specify a 'user=...' in your connection string
(3) the postmaster (postgresql server) isnt running
(4) you are not allowing TCP/IP connection to the postmaster
(5) your postmaster is not running on the correct port - if its not on
5432 you must specify a 'port=...'
(6) the security on your system does not allow the webserver (usually
user 'nobody') to make socket connections to the postmaster
(7) you forgot to specify a 'host=...' if the postmaster is on a
(8) you made a typo
My best regards
More information about the postgis-users