[postgis-users] I need Install PostGis

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Fri Sep 30 11:57:23 PDT 2005

Jose,
      You will need the dev versions of proj and geos installed.   I'm not
sure that that standard install of Postgresql on debian is compiled with
Libstdc++ support, which is also necessary.  I usually compile proj, geos,
postgresql, and postgis  from source.  It's probably overkill, but it works
with Postgresl 8.0 3 ( which might make your life easier).

      First, put /usr/local/lib in your /etc/ld.so.conf.

proj:
      make sure you have proj-datumgrid unzipped in the nad subdirectory of
the proj source directory.
./configure
make
make install all
ldconfig -v

geos:

./configure
make
make install all
ldconfig -v

Postgresql ./configure options ( need the dev packages for tcl, perl, and
python) :

      LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./configure --with-tcl --with-perl --with-python
--with-maxbackends=100

make
make install all
ldconfig -v

Postgis:
      untar the source into the contrib directory of the Postgresql source,
Edit the make file to change the references to proj and geos from 0 to 1
make
make install

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null

             "Jose A. Benitez"
             <josbeni at gmail.co
             Sent by:                  postgis-users at postgis.refractions.n
             postgis-users-bou         et
             nces at postgis.refr                                          cc
             actions.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       [postgis-users] I need Install
             09/30/2005 05:27          PostGis
             PM

             Please respond to
             "Jose A. Benitez"
             <josbeni at gmail.co
                m>; Please
                respond to
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po
             stgis.refractions
                   .net>

Hi... PostGis USers
I have a machine with DebianAMD64, I selected this operating system because
I have an AMD ATHLON-64,
I have ready Postgres 7.4.7, I installed from its package, but I need now
to install PostGIS,

I tell you step by step that things that I've done
   1. I downloaded the postgre's sources from Debian's ftp, I downloaded
      the src of PostGis 1.0.3
   2. I have postgre's src on /usr/src/postgres
   3. I have PostGi's src on /usr/src/postgres/contrib/postgis
   4. I edited the MakeFile.config how  say the manual called postgis.pdf
   5. then I type Make on a Terminal as root
Its messages is the following:

debian64:/usr/src/postgresql/contrib/postgis# make
make -C lwgeom
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/postgresql/contrib/postgis/lwgeom'
/usr/src/postgresql/contrib/postgis/../../src/Makefile.global:278:
/usr/src/postgresql/contrib/postgis/../../src/Makefile.port: No such file
or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/src/postgresql/contrib/postgis/../../src/Makefile.port'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/postgresql/contrib/postgis/lwgeom'
make: *** [liblwgeom] Error 2

The MakeFile.port don't exist in my PC...
What thing I have done bad.....?

Thank..
José Benitez

I have instaled too Grass