[postgis-users] mixed srid geometries

Nelson Guda nelsong at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 3 15:41:20 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Thanks to Aaron for the php code.

Meanwhile, I have another question.  I am trying to do a query on two
tables.  One table (table 1) contains a large number of overlapping
geometries that represent animal ranges.  The other table (table 2)
are geometries of geographic areas.  I want to know which species of
animals live in a given geometry from table 2.  Below is the query I
am using, but I keep getting the error  'Operation on mixed srid
geometries'.

So, i went and set all the srid's in the geometry columns table to
-1, but I still get the same error.  What am I doing wrong?

thanks,
nelsong

select a.sci_name
from species AS s, lands AS l