[postgis-users] mixed srid geometries

Graham Stewart graham at mobilefoundry.net
Mon Apr 3 16:47:11 PDT 2006

Nelson,

If you change both tables to have a -1 geometry then you should be able
to make the comparison.

As Emily pointed out you should be sure to do something like

update table set geometry_column = setsrid(geometry_column,-1)

However that will cause postgis to ignore the srid and you might end up
comparing apples and oranges.

A better solution would be to set the column srids to match the
geographic data which they contain and then use the transform function
to covert one coordinate system into the other.

Graham