[postgis-users] Question to canonical form and SRID

Gregory S. Williamson gsw at globexplorer.com
Sat Apr 8 18:12:49 PDT 2006

Kai --

I don't think you can get postGIS to show the data in a text format without using a function ... AsEWKT(the_geom) will show the data with the SRID; AsWKT shows it without the SRID data.

The find_srid(db/schema, table, column) will return the SRID for a given table and column if the geometry_columns table has appropriate entries.

select SRID(the_geom) will return the SRIDs in a given table but actually goes through the whole table checking, so is slower than the one above, I think.

HTH,

Greg WIlliamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC