[postgis-users] doesn't see postgresql

Randy Burkhardt randy.burkhardt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 19:07:10 PDT 2006

How can I get postgis to see I have postgresql-8.1.3 running?

I have postgresql-8.1.3 running (on RH9).  Following the docs as best I can
numerous times, postgis, during attempted installation won't see that I
have  postgresql  installed.
I admit I'm shaky on paths, directories, and connecting to postgresql's
server.  However, I have been successful in these before.
I saw comments about Redhat's ways, and I'm wondering if that is my
problem.  Please comment if you have specifics on this.
Thank you