[postgis-users] doesn't see postgresql

Gregory S. Williamson gsw at globexplorer.com
Sat Apr 8 23:36:41 PDT 2006

After you have a database created:

CREATE DATABASE foo;  -- options, etc. not shown

>From a command line run:

createlang plpgsql foo

If createlang is not in your path you will need to refer to it expicitly with path included; it is in the same directory as psql and the other postgres executables.

Then try to create postGIS, which needs to use the plpsql language in its functions.

HTH,

Greg WIlliamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC