[postgis-users] PostGIS' gentoo ebuild and PostGIS manual transalation

"R. Müller" r.mueller at unicomp-berlin.de
Mon Apr 10 03:22:38 PDT 2006

nice to hear,

but i actually can't find it... :-(

my gentoo says only (after sync) :
$uname -a
linux 2.6.14.2 #4 Thu Jan 26 10:08:45 CET 2006 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64
Processor 3000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
$emerge -s postgis
*  dev-db/postgis
       Latest version available: 1.0.1_p20050805
       Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
       Size of downloaded files: 1,414 kB
       Homepage:    http://postgis.refractions.net
       License:     GPL-2

regards

ronald

Gérald Fenoy wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm proud to anounce you that the new 1.1.2 version is available on the
> official gentoo portage tree. I hope that you'll be numerous to test it
> and, if applicable, report a bug on the gentoo's bugzilla
> (http://bugs.gentoo.org).
>
> Yesterday we've made some changes on postgis.fr to be able to translate
> the official PostGIS Manual in french. So I call all french people to
> come on postgis.fr contributing to that effort in translating the
> PostGIS Manual (see section called "Manuels / Livres").
>
> regards,
>

> ps: Note that only geos 2.1.4 is available by now on portage but you can
> download more recents versions on : http://gentoo.djayux.net  (for geos
> is in sci-libs/geos).

*M-Unicomp GmbH
*