[postgis-users] PostGIS' gentoo ebuild and PostGIS manual transalation

Gérald Fenoy djayweb at djayux.net
Mon Apr 10 10:09:39 PDT 2006

Hi ronald,
you have it, just try an ls /usr/portage/dev-db/postgis/postgis-1.1.2
then you'll find it. But as you could understand, this version, as it's
the rule in gentoo, is not concidered as a stable release. So the
lastest ebuild is (as we said) "masked". But you could unmask this
ebuild as you do for others packages.

You have various methods for unmasking ebuilds, but for my part I prefer
this one : edit the file /etc/portage/package.keywords to add this
line : "dev-db/postgis ~x86". Then retry an "emerge -s postgis" and
you'll must find the lastest version available.

Hope that answer your query.

regards,

ps: you could maybe help me, indeed by now I don't have an amd64 arch
machine to make my tests on it :/ so if you have any troubles with this
version thanks to report a bug on the gentoo's bugzilla (and you could
also send me feedbacks at the same time).