[postgis-users] PostGIS' gentoo ebuild and PostGIS manual transalation

"R. Müller" r.mueller at unicomp-berlin.de
Tue Apr 11 05:36:08 PDT 2006

hi Gérald,

as far as i can see, my installation works fine under ~amd64 :-).

i added the 'amd64'-keyword to the ebuild as you mentioned
it and merged it.

'select postgis_full_version();' says :

'POSTGIS="1.1.2" GEOS="2.1.2" PROJ="Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004" USE_STATS'

are there somemore tests i can do ?

for me there is no reason anymore to leave the amd64-keyword out.

regards

ronald

Gérald Fenoy wrote:
> Hi James, list,
>
> Le lundi 10 avril 2006 à 10:08 -0700, James Marca a écrit :
>
>>At approximately Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:22:38PM +0200, "R. Mller" wrote:
>>
>>>nice to hear,
>>>
>>>but i actually can't find it... :-(
>>
>>according to this page
>>
>>http://packages.gentoo.org/ebuilds/?postgis-1.1.2
>>
>>it isn't even being tested on the amd64 platform.  However, I didn't
>>have any trouble manually ebuilding an earlier version, 1.1.0, on my
>>machine:
>> Linux 2.6.15-gentoo-r4 #2 PREEMPT Tue Feb 7 15:53:45 PST 2006 x86_64
>> AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
>>
>>using the x86 ebuild file.  I can't test the new version until I
>>finish some development work, but I expect it will also build fine.
>

> As you are on the amd64 arch you would add your arch to the "keywords"
> list with the ekeyword tool (or manualy if you prefer), for your
> exemple : ekeyword
> ~amd64 /usr/portage/dev-db/postgis/postgis-1.1.2.ebuild. Then, you must
> recreate md5 or the modified file with the ebuild tool using its digest
> comand, like this :
> ebuild /usr/portage/dev-db/postgis/postgis-1.1.2.ebuild digest. (don't
> forget that the next time you use "emerge --sync", your modifications
> will disapear, you could use an overlay if you want your files stay
> untouched by portage)
>

>>And I am using geos 2.2.1, from an unofficial ebuild I found reading
>>the Gentoo bugzilla logs.  Probably from the same source noted in the
>>original email on this thread, but I do not recall the specifics.
>
> You're right, you could find the geos ebuild directly on the
> gentooscience overlay (http://gentooscience.org).
> Thanks a lot for their work.
>

>>*  sci-libs/geos
>>      Latest version available: 2.1.4