[postgis-users] org.postgresql.Connection missing in PostGIS jar

Cathy Y. Walters cyw at dls.net
Tue Apr 25 10:06:30 PDT 2006

I would add to it that this class is not in postgresql jar either.
The example java code that references this class is:

((org.postgresql.Connection)conn).addDataType("geometry","org.postgis.PGgeom
etry");

Thanks

I tried to compile the JDBC example (JavaGIS) listed in Section 4.8 in the
manual, and got an error that org.postgresql.Connection cannot be resolved.

I checked postgis.jar, and did not find this class. Then I checked my build
directory and did see that this class was created:

./contrib/postgis-1.1.2/jdbc2/stubbin/org/postgresql/Connection.class

I followed instructions in postgresql and postgis documentation in my
installation process. My guess is that the PostGIS build process somehow
managed to miss these java classes.

Thanks,
CYW