[postgis-users] Re: PostGIS setup - Ubuntu Breezy + PostgreSQL-8.1

Randy Burkhardt randy.burkhardt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 10:37:02 PDT 2006

Hello Paul Scott and guys,
I've been using your wiki page here to try to install postgis1.1.2 on
Kubuntu (instead of Uxxxxx).
at 'make' in postgis1.1.2 I'm getting
liblwgeom.c:167: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in function 'strlen'
make[1]: *** [liblwgeom.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/randy/postgresql-8.1.3/contrib/postgis-1.1.2/lwgeom'
make: *** [liblwgeom] Error

I've got postgis-1.1.2 in /home/randy/postgresql-8.1.3/contrib/ and
things seem ok except for this make error as make tries to work on
liblwgeom and lwgeom.

My latest try was to install all versions of automake, but that didn't
do the trick.
Can i get a suggestion on my next steps to help get 'make' to continue?
Thanks, Mr. Scott, by the way for sharing your work on the wiki page,
it's been very helpful to me.