[postgis-users] PostGIS - hibernate - EJB3

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Mon Aug 7 08:08:54 PDT 2006

I am trying to use EJB3 in Java JBoss (which is hibernate behind the

I have marked up a property as follows

	public Geometry getExtents()
		return extents;

And my data source looks like

         <type-mapping>PostgreSQL 8.1</type-mapping>

Where extents is of type org.postgis.Geometry, when I tell the
entityManager to commit this I get invalid geometry error even when I
commit an empty polygon, or  simple linestring such as

LineString ls = new LineString("LINESTRING(191232 243118,191108

If anyone has done this with EJB3 I would be really grateful for some
advice, but if you have done it with hibernate I would also be
interested as they are pretty similar.

Many thanks,