[postgis-users] Problems testing the installation of postGIS

TECHER David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 22 09:28:16 PDT 2006

Hi

$libdir is available from the command

pg_config --libdir

First of all, we need to know where and how U've installed PostgreSQL

= what is the path of pg_config to know where is postgresql's lib?

then add the path U have to "/etc/ld.so.conf" then run as root

ldconfig

drop your db

then reimport postgis files

Let me know ;)

Vincent J. Troisi a écrit :

> I'm having a bit of a problem testing the installation of PostGIS.
> I followed the procedure published on the web site for building and
> installing the PostGIS interfaces to postgreSQL. However, I am
> receiving the following messages when I try to test access to the
> database. Has anyone seen this problem
> before? Any ideas on how to correct the problem to enable me to
> successfully
> test the utilities?
>
> troisi at iceman:~/local> psql -d test -f
> $HOME/local/share/postgresql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql
> BEGIN
> psql:$HOME/local/share/postgresql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:36: NOTICE:
> type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
> DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
> psql:$HOME/local/share/postgresql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:36: ERROR:
> could not access file "$libdir/li
> blwgeom.so.1.0": No such file or directory
> psql:$HOME/local/share/postgresql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:41: ERROR:
> current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
> transaction block
>

> :
> :
> :
>

> psql:$HOME/local/share/postgresql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:3150: ERROR:
> current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
> transaction block
> ROLLBACK

 p5.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed Tue Aug 22 16:27:01 GMT 2006