[postgis-users] Make Check Error - Where is libgeos_c.so.1?

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Sun Aug 27 14:30:37 PDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 02:10:26PM -0600, Bill Thoen wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 01:52:52PM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> > Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH is handy for testing but if the library is
> > in a standard location then it shouldn't be necessary.  I wonder
> > if you need to run ldconfig again.
>
> When I ran it yesterday, it fixed problem #1, but then I hit the above
> problem a little later in the same session. Once you configure ldconfig's
> conf files and run it once doesn't that take care it forever; including
> after a system reboot as well?

I'm not as familiar with Linux as with other Unix-like systems, but
when you install a new library you might need to run ldconfig
afterwards to add it to the runtime linker's cache.  The cache
probably persists across reboots or is rebuilt during system boot;
maybe somebody more Linux-centric can give a better answer.

--
Michael Fuhr