[postgis-users] create spatial table problem

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 21 09:54:39 PST 2006

Hi Tom,

If your table was enabled to have oids, the SQL would have a trailing ... "WITH OIDS;" option added to the CREATE TABLE command.  i.e:

create table hydromet_stations (
 id serial primary key,
 stnid text,
 portfurl text,
 graphurl text,
 sensormlurl text,
 organization text
 ) WITH OIDS;

I guess pg_dumpall doesn't replicate this part of the environment.

Also, in postgresql.conf there is a setting that, I think you can enable to have oids by default when new tables are created.

i.e.:
#default_with_oids = off

Tyler