[postgis-users] Re: shp2pgsql

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Feb 22 07:17:15 PST 2006

The problem is in the "psql -d disasterdb" part, you are failing to
login, so it is not a postgis problem per se.  Why don't you do away
with local passwords altogether?  Under the PostgreSQL menu in your
Windows menu you'll find one option to "edit pg_hba.conf".  Use that,
go to the bottom of the file, and change the entry for "local" from
"password" (or whatever it is) to "trust".