[postgis-users] Converting from Transverse Mercator to Latitude and longitude

Nalin Makar nalin.makar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:52:18 PST 2006

Hi, I have gathered data on boundaries of Wisconsin and it's counties. I
have been trying to convert the data into latitude and longitude so that i
can display this information on Google Maps.

I am a total novice and have been looking all over the net to find a way to
be able to do this. Could someone please tell me how is it done or point me
to some place where I can find this information.

Also, in the SPATIAL_REF_SYS table, within each projection the values for
false easting (northing) differs from that of x_0(y_0), but in the manual it
says that these are interchangable names. The projection that I am currently
working on has False Easting of 520000.0 and false northing of -4880000.0.
What would the corresponding x_0 and y_0 be ?

Thanks a lot in advance
:-)
Nalin