[postgis-users] Advanced query problem

Krishnaa Sridharan kichis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:01:58 PST 2006

Bill thanks a lot for your reply. I did change the left join to inner join.
But the problem I am having is while trying to connect two tables with one
to many relationship. What mapeserver is doing is this,

Table 1 ( spatial table
)                                                     Table 2 ( postgre
table)

These are unique numbers                                    Table to has
multiple values for the same unique number in table 1.
101
101          John
102
101         Tom
103
102         Mark

If I run the query my out put looks like this

101   John
101   *John*
102   Mark

Mapserver is not returning the second value from table 2 instead its
returning the same thing again. I am sorry if I have any basic things wrong,
I am really new to this and any bit of info would help thanks.

Kris