[postgis-users] postgis installation on current Postgresql (8.1) database (on Debian)

TECHER David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 13 21:30:42 PST 2006

Hi Alex

it seems that me and assad haven't post my mail to the postgis-list
(attahched at the end :) )

Assad succeeded to install everything

alex bodnaru a écrit :

>assad,
>
>your ./configure output seems a little wird for a clean postgresql sarge
>installation.
>the procedure below will possibly help. if still in problem, you might
>need to have a better backported postgresql for sarge, or upgrade debian.
>
>please apply this diff to the *clean* postgis source:
>cd postgis_source_root
>zcat the_attached_file | patch -p1
># you should have ./debian subdirectory in postgis_source_root
>chmod ug+x debian/rules
>dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
>
>good luck,
>
>alex

<cut>

it worked!! thanks David.

One more question, how do I go about installing it on a db that
already exists and has data in it. Should I just do a pg_dump, then
drop the db, then install postgis and then do a pg_restore on it?

much thanks!
-assad