[postgis-users] typecast from point to geometry for distance_sphere

Assad Jarrahian jarraa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 08:18:49 PST 2006

 I am using postgis 1.1.0 and am trying to test out the
distance_sphere() function.

SELECT distance_sphere((point(12,23)), point(12,24));

ERROR:  function distance_sphere(point, point) does not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
need to add explicit type casts.

So I guess I need a type cast (how do I do that?) or maybe I am doing
something wrong (I noticed all the methods that take any spatial
argument are of type geometry).
I thought that point was of geometry type, I guess I maybe wrong.

 much thanks.
-assad