[postgis-users] Error [liblwgeom] Error 2

Jairo Sánchez jairosll at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:32:40 PST 2006

Thanks to all for the comments,

strk at refractions.net wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 05:38:30PM -0500, Jairo Sánchez wrote:
>
>>Hello to all,
>>This is me frist time in the list, I hope you can help .
>>
>>I'm trying to install PostGIS but I get the following error:
>>
>># make
>>make -C lwgeom
>>make[1]: execvp: /usr/local/pgsql/bin: Permiso denegado
>>make[1]: Entering directory `/home/sistemas2/postgresql-8.1.2
>>/contrib/postgis-1.1.0/lwgeom'
>>make[1]: execvp: /usr/local/pgsql/bin: Permiso denegado
>>make[1]: execvp: /usr/local/pgsql/bin: Permiso denegado
>>make[1]: execvp: /usr/local/pgsql/bin: Permiso denegado
>>make[1]: execvp: /usr/local/pgsql/bin: Permiso denegado
>>make[1]: execvp: /usr/local/pgsql/bin: Permiso denegado
>

> The build process is trying to execute /usr/local/pgsql/bin
> which is what you provided to ./configure --with-pgsql=<>
>
> Full path to pg_config is required there, so should be:
>
>       --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql /bin/pg_config
>
> Since this is not the first case, is there any postgis
> documentation making people belive a directory is expected ?

>I think this is a case of general confusion for users that are not
>familiar with the build process because some options expect the install
>directory like:
>
>/usr
>/usr/local
>
>some expect a path to a configured source tree like:
>
>/path/to/my/private/build/area/application/source/tree
>
>and yet others expect a path to an executable like:
>
>/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
>
>so they look for other examples in the documentation and just copy them.
> It would probably help to have some common examples and if a user does
>not know where the file might be located then suggest using something
>like:  "locate pg_config"
>
>Just a thought that might help.
>
>-Steve W.

I did the following:
        ./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
and I get this.
SUMMARY

 HOST_OS: linux-gnu

   PGSQL: /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
    GEOS: /usr/local/bin/geos-config (with C-API)
    PROJ: dir=/usr/local
   ICONV: 1

 PORTNAME: linux
   PREFIX: /usr/local
  EPREFIX: ${prefix}
      DOC: ${prefix}/share/doc
     DATA: ${prefix}/share/postgresql/contrib
      MAN: ${prefix}/man
      BIN: ${exec_prefix}/bin
      EXT: /usr/local/pgsql/lib (\$$libdir)
then I continue with make , but I get the same error. It's still not
working.
I did read every paper I could before ask and try a lot but I don't get
anywhere that it's why I post.

JSLL