[postgis-users] PgArc and postgis 1.0

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 1 19:25:41 PDT 2006

Thanks for the nudge Nicolas :)

Here's what I said on the pgarc-devel list...
------

The reason I haven't been grabbing your talents and putting them to
work is
because a local group from our University of Northern British
Columbia (UNBC)
has put together a full replacement for ArcMap connecting to PostGIS.

I am still waiting for them to release the code publicly, but after the
demonstrations I have seen, I think it is worth the wait.  It does
not use
macros and is written in C++ instead of any VB.

If you really want to help, then I suggest you wait until this other
version
comes out - I will post it and then we can get on with things.

This project in general is a huge hole in the bridging of open source
and
proprietary - I really want to see it move forward.
-----

I don't really know when this will become available, but is obviously
important!

Tyler