[postgis-users] How to terminate postgres.exe processesautomatically after queries

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri Jun 2 03:24:01 PDT 2006

Hi Baris,

This is more a PostgreSQL question than a PostGIS question, but PostgreSQL
creates one process per connection to the database, so it sounds as if your
JDBC driver/app is either not closing used connections, or making use of
some kind of connection pooling mechanism which is configured for a large
pool size.

Kind regards,

Mark.

------------------------
WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way
Plymouth
PL6 8BT

T: +44 (0)1752 797131
F: +44 (0)1752 791023

http://www.webbased.co.uk
http://www.infomapper.com
http://www.swtc.co.uk

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify the sender. You should not copy it or
use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other
person.

  _____