[postgis-users] Problems with Debian and Postgis

Didrik Pinte dpinte at itae.be
Thu Jun 8 06:58:13 PDT 2006

Le jeudi 08 juin 2006 à 15:23 +0200, Nabil Servais a écrit :
> Thanks
> You suppose well, I can't upgrade the debian or use debian-gis( I
> supervise this project), because I will use Postgis on a production's
> servor.
>
> That why can you explain me the second solution?

I was wrong concerning the debian-gis package. I think they aren't
compatible anymore with the postgresql-74 package from sarge. They are
only compliant with the new cluster package version of it.

The stable way to workaround the problem is to use the camptocamp
repository : they provide a stable version of the packages for Sarge
(postgreql-8 and postgis) :

See : http://cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.2/xhtml/appendix.debian_mapserver.html

I think i'm not wrong if i say that those packages are usable for
production.

Didrik