[postgis-users] problems running lwpostgis.sql - undefined symbol: nth

Brian Caruso bdc34 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 14 08:41:00 PDT 2006

I have geos-2.2.2, postgresql-8.1.4, no PROJ and postgis-1.1.2

When I run psql -f lwpostgis.sql -d test I get this error:

BEGIN
psql:lwpostgis.sql:51: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:lwpostgis.sql:51: ERROR:
   could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.1":
   /usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.1: undefined symbol: nth

I've done a make clean on postgis as suggested in
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2005-May/007873.html

Here's the summary of my postgis ./configure --prefix='/usr/local/pgsql'

  SUMMARY

  HOST_OS: linux-gnu

    PGSQL: /usr/bin/pg_config
     GEOS: /usr/local/bin/geos-config (with C-API)
    ICONV: 1

  PORTNAME: linux
    PREFIX: /usr/local/pgsql
   EPREFIX: ${prefix}
       DOC: ${prefix}/share/doc
      DATA: ${prefix}/share
       MAN: ${prefix}/man
       BIN: ${exec_prefix}/bin
       EXT: ${exec_prefix}/lib (${exec_prefix}/lib)

I seem to have the same problem as described in this page:

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2005-May/007881.html

That thread indicated that this issue could be worked around by
getting rid of geos but geos is important to my goals.

Simple find|greping around the source turns up no nth outside of comments
in both postgis and geos.

--
Brian Caruso
Programmer/Analyst