[postgis-users] problems running lwpostgis.sql - undefined symbol: nth

Brian Caruso bdc34 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 14 09:55:30 PDT 2006

Thanks for the advice but the issue still looms.

sherman wrote:
> Did you run:
>   createlang plpgsql yourtestdatabase
> on your database prior to running the lwpostgis.sql script?

I did execute that command and it seems to have been successful.
Just to make sure I dropped my test database, created a new one,
ran this command then got the same error as before.

strk wrote:
> Try make clean, the library seems built for a different PostgreSQL version.

I did that and got the same result:

psql:/usr/local/src/postgresql-8.1.4/contrib/postgis-1.1.2/lwpostgis.sql:51:
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.1":
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.1: undefined symbol: nth

I've been configuring postgis with --prefix='/usr/local/pgsql' as that
is where postgres got installed. Is that the correct thing to do?  If I
don't do this I get a message when running lwpostgis.sql that
liblwgeom.so.1.1 cannot be found.

--
Brian Caruso
Programmer/Analyst