[postgis-users] Degrees to meters

Kevin martins martins506 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 13:38:19 PDT 2006

Hi,
Let me see if i did understand.

I have the coordinates from GPS (WGS-84) that is :
  ->lat: 39.8263083333 N
 ->long: -7.43232906 E
And I want to convert first this coordinates to meters into Lisbon datum(4803).

I know the coordinates of the Lisbon datum reference point is:
  ->lat: 39.6666667 N
 ->long: -8.0116667 E

What I want to do is know the coordinates, in meters, of the point, in the two datum (lisbon datum and WGS-84 datum).

I have to create a new datum and then use the transform function?How can I use ellipsoid? the origin is the lonlat of the lisbon datum reference (my map is using the lisbon datum)??

Regards.
Kevin