[postgis-users] multiple srids in a single geometry column

Mark Wright sparkymeister at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 20:53:42 PDT 2006

I would like to use UTM for my geometries but each zone has its own
srid and my coverage area spans multiple zones. If I create a geometry
column with addgeometrycolumn() I need to specify a single srid so
this will not work. If I create a standard postgres geometry column
and create a gist index on it can I still work with it using postgis?
In other words, can I still use the postgis functions and operators as
I normally would if I created the column using addgeometrycolumn() or
does postgis require that there be an entry in the geometry_columns
table in order to work with a particular column?

Mark

--
Have fun or die trying - but try not to actually die.