[postgis-users] PgArc and postgis 1.0

Ricardo Pinho ricardo2pinho at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 08:43:03 PDT 2006

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for this exciting information, it is really nice to know
that some has the vision (not ESRI) to fill the gap: ArcGIS/PostGIS.

But can't you give us more information, a Webpage (URL) or Contact
person that is working on it (so we can ask him)?

Thanks,
Ricardo

On 1-Jun-06, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

Thanks for the nudge Nicolas :)
Here's what I said on the pgarc-devel list...
------
The reason I haven't been grabbing your talents and putting them to
work is because a local group from our University of Northern British
Columbia (UNBC) has put together a full replacement for ArcMap
connecting to PostGIS.

I am still waiting for them to release the code publicly, but after the
demonstrations I have seen, I think it is worth the wait.  It does
not use macros and is written in C++ instead of any VB.

If you really want to help, then I suggest you wait until this other
version comes out - I will post it and then we can get on with things.

This project in general is a huge hole in the bridging of open source
and proprietary - I really want to see it move forward.
-----
I don't really know when this will become available, but is obviously
important!

Tyler