[postgis-users] postgis database restore problem

Don harterc1 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 25 10:08:20 PDT 2006

I am trying to restore a postgis database which was vreated using the
pg_dumpall command.
I get the following messages:

psql:dbsave2:3523: ERROR:  could not find function
"GEOS_polygonize_garray" in f
ile "/usr/lib/postgresql/liblwgeom.so.1.1"
ALTER FUNCTION public.polygonize_garray(geometry[]) OWNER TO drh;
psql:dbsave2:3526: ERROR:  function public.polygonize_garray(geometry[])
does no
t exist

CREATE FUNCTION translate(geometry, double precision, double precision,
double p
recision) RETURNS geometry
    AS '$libdir/liblwgeom.so.1.1', 'LWGEOM_translate'
    LANGUAGE c IMMUTABLE STRICT;

psql:dbsave2:4125: ERROR:  could not find function "LWGEOM_translate" in
file "/
usr/lib/postgresql/liblwgeom.so.1.1"
ALTER FUNCTION public.translate(geometry, double precision, double
precision, do
uble precision) OWNER TO drh;
psql:dbsave2:4128: ERROR:  function public.translate(geometry, double
precision,
 double precision, double precision) does not exist

CREATE FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler() RETURNS language_handler
    AS '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql', 'plpgsql_call_handler'
    LANGUAGE c;
psql:dbsave2:33983: ERROR:  could not access file
"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql"
: No such file or directory
I searched the geos source code and could not find the polygonize
function.  I found some bug reports on it.  It seems to have disappeared
and replaced.  I was wondering how to code a replacement statement.
I cannot fine a plpgsql file,but I found a plpgsq.so file.