[postgis-users] Make test fails: lc-messages

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Sun Jun 25 16:48:07 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 07:17:34PM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 05:03:26PM -0700, Alastair Smith wrote:
> > When I run 'make test', I get the following error:
> > psql: FATAL:  permission denied to set parameter "lc_messages"
>
> Are you running the tests as a database superuser?  If not then try
> setting the PGUSER environment variable, like this:
>
> env PGUSER=postgres make test

It seems that lc_messages cannot be set even by superuser
using pgsql up to 7.4 :((

I updated the 'run_test' script to only try setting it
when USE_VERSION > 7.4.

Failures due to locales settings are still possible with these versions,
the only way to make sure locales don't get in our way would be to initdb
for the sole purpose of running our regress tests.

Any other idea is welcome.
(Tests are also welcome).

--strk;