[postgis-users] Linear Referencing: Create Measure

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Thu Jun 29 03:43:44 PDT 2006

I'm faced with the problem to create MGeometries for using with the "Linear
Referencing" functions of PostGIS. I like to create the measures defined by
two table attributes meas_from and meas_to. In further versions of Christoph
Spoerri's LRS functions there exists a function
lrs_create_measure(geometry,from,to). As the result the M-Values were
interpolated based on a start and a stop value of each line. The new
functions don't offer such a functionality. I would be greatful for any hint
how to create measures along a line referenced by a from and a to value of
this line.

With best regards

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef