[postgis-users] Cannot execute "SELECT assign_vertex_id('graph_nw_test', 1); " multiple times

Fay Du fay.du at versaterm.com
Fri Jun 30 08:56:07 PDT 2006

Hi all:
   I have a graph table called graph_new_test. Open pgAdminIII Query
form, I typed command  "SELECT assign_vertex_id('graph_nw_test', 1);",
then clicked Execute Query button, the command was executed
successfully. Without doing anything, I clicked on Execute Query button
second, I got error message, it said:
ERROR:  relation with OID 411194 does not exist
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  id, the_geom FROM vertices_tmp WHERE
distance(the_geom,  $1 ) <  $2 "
PL/pgSQL function "point_to_id" line 7 at select into variables
PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 22 at assignment

Coping text "SELECT assign_vertex_id('graph_nw_test', 1);",  I close
pgAdminIII Query form and launch it again. I just paste the text, and
click Execute Query button again, it works with no error.

Why?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Fay