[postgis-users] postgis.pdf

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Wed May 10 08:19:29 PDT 2006

Hi, Strk,

strk at refractions.net wrote:

> That's because you don't meet the requirements.

Weird, because I used to generate the pdf file - it seems that part of
my tex installation got dropped by some dist-upgrade

> I've added a README file under doc/ listing them.

Ah, fine, thanks.

That reminds me that I wanted update the jdbc part of the manual, and
find some way to auto-include the Java Documentation...

> PS: note, rule is "$(PDFXMLTEX) postgis.fo", so
> you only miss the pdfxmltex part.

Argh - Shell style command expansion can be confusing. I always wish to
have a "$(PDFXMLTEX) - commmand not found" in this case...

Btw, I'd propose to include postgis.fo and postgis.pdf in .cvsignore.

Now, I get the following:

[snip]

! LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.6 ..."2" hyphenation-remain-character-count="2">

Chapter 1. Introduction<...

However, looking at the postgis.xml docbook source, I don't see any
obvious bugs there...

Markus