[postgis-users] Instllation problem on WinXP

Akio Takubo takubo at saruga-tondara.net
Fri Nov 3 08:24:51 PST 2006

Hi Mark,

As you said, I checked dependency of liblwgeom.dll on XP SP2 ja and en env.
At first, just after installation, lwgeom.dll could find kernel32.dll and msvcrt.dll
but couldn't find libgeos_c-1.dll, libproj.dll and postgresql.exe in both system.
Because %PATH% env didn't include Postgres's bin directry,
I thoutht it isn't wrong result.

Second, I added postgres's bin directry to %PATH% and checked dependency again.
On both system, liblwgeom.dll could find all dll. Some system dll, which is not directly
linked liblwgeom.dll, only have small diffrent in dependency tree.

If you need dependency log on japanese system, I can send it for you.

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 20:47:40 +0000
Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Akio,
>
> On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 03:36 +0900, Akio Takubo wrote:
>
> > Sorry for reporting more info too late.
>
> No problem - thanks for the information.
>
> > Now I've just finished to test postgis installer with some tools.
> > I tested with XP SP2(japanese) and XP SP2 (English).
> >
> > Filemon shows a large diffrence for these two environment.
> > As postgis installer run lwpostgis.sql, liblwgeom.dll wad read.
> > In English env, reading libgeos_c-1.dll, libgeos-2.dll and libproj.dll were also
> > accessed just after liblwgeom.dll. But in Japanese env, only liblwgeom.dll was read,
> > and other three libraries were not accessed. Both environment seem to have same
> > directory tree and files. I can't find any diffrence or condition.
> > At last  I made small program only to load liblwpostgis.dll with "LoadLibrary" function.
> > It works fine to do "LoadLibrary" for both environment...
> >
> > Above is all my examing result.
> > Can I get other useful information from my environment?
>
> Yes please - can you point the Microsoft Dependency Checker at
> liblwgeom.dll on both a Japanese and English environment and see if the
> unresolved imports are different?
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Mark.

Best regards,