[postgis-users] Help with query

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Nov 6 06:44:59 PST 2006

Thanks,

That means a lot to me coming from you.  I think I cheated though -
since I'm sure I've seen that trick before.

One thing I love about SQL is that you can do so much with it with such
little code.  The trick  is to

state the problem in the shortest possible way you can and your
statement is the answer.

In this case

Give me all the ignition records that are off.
For each off record give me the minimum on record that is still greater
than my off.