[postgis-users] minimum spanning tree?

Rob Tester robtester at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 12:57:15 PST 2006

There are a couple of organizations using the boost lib to solve shortest path graphs using Djikstra algorithms as well as the A Star and TSP. It would not be a stretch to get this code and modify it to use the min spanning tree code in boost as well.

I have taken the code and made major performance enhancements that are currently being tested. So be wary of better ways to structure the SQL interface to postgis to achieve your goals.

You can get the base code from http://www.cartoweb.org/ that provides the basic for interfacing with Djisktra in boost if you want more, please contact me offline and I can send you a package that also implements the AStar and TSP, along with my performance enhancements.

Rob.