[postgis-users] Springer Encyclopedia of GIS, Postgis entry

Andreas Neumann neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 8 01:25:41 PST 2006

Hello,

I am contributing author for the upcoming Springer Encyclopedia of GIS
(Entries for SVG and Webmapping) and noticed that they have entries for
some commercial GIS and spatial DB products (e.g. Oracle, Smallworld)
but don't mention OS or other commercial alternatives, such as UMN
Mapserver, Postgis, etc. I asked the editors and they agree to include
additional entries into the encyclopedia if they can be written until
december.

Are there any volunteers that would be willing to write an entry for
Postgis?

Additional information is available at
http://refworks.springer-sbm.com/geograph/

If you are interested in writing such an entry (3000-4000 words, 8-12
pages incl figures), please contact me and I'll send you the emails of
the editors and responsible person at Springer. Entries can be written
in Word or Latex.

Thanks for your interest,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/