[postgis-users] Case Study: EU Joint Research Centre

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:22:30 PST 2006

Well,

the project isn't that far along, but a colleague of mine is going to be using
PostGIS for some massive analysis of wetland / soils data. I think that I
have convinced him of the benefits (and he is already pissed at ArcMap for
the obvious reasons) of doing the attribute / vector management in PostGIS.

When the project picks up some speed I will send the information on it.

Cheers,

Dylan

On Thursday 26 October 2006 21:37, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Thanks, Dylan, but I'm running out of material... only one more left
> on deck and I'm out of gas again, looking for people to talk to...

> On 26-Oct-06, at 10:39 AM, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 October 2006 22:49, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> >> New case study, get it while it's hot:
> >>
> >> <http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/casestudies/jrc/>
> >>
> >> You know you want to be profiled, you know you do!
> >>
> >> Do you have something big?  Something operational?  Are you a
> >> government organization or a largish corporation?  Do you work for
> >> those kinds of people?
> >>
> >> By telling your story, you make PostGIS and PostgreSQL more credible,
> >> and make your life easier the next time your boss asks you about your
> >> crazy database...
> >>
> >> Talk to me about writing up your story, I want to help!
> >>
> >> Paul
> >
> > Great job Paul . I have enjoyed looking over the every expanding
> > list of case
> > studies.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> > --
> > Dylan Beaudette
> > Soils and Biogeochemistry Graduate Group
> > University of California at Davis
> > 530.754.7341

Dylan Beaudette