[postgis-users] Correct dump and restore

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Fri Nov 10 05:53:52 PST 2006

Hi there,

I've seen the subject coming up already a couple of times. But it
didn't really help me and I can't imagine that there isn't a simple
strategy/method for that:

I need to make a copy of a database which resides on one computer and
install that copy on another.

Computer 1 (Linux) has (PostgreSQL) 8.1.0
Computer 2 (Mac) has (PostgreSQL) 8.1.2

Don't know about the version of PostGIS.

I tried various pg_dump and pg_restore parameters. But the restore
never worked correctly. I tried it as well with a simple psql but
there too I was faced with problems...

Can anyone perhaps give me an advice how to correctly export-import a
database?

Thanks for any hints!

Stefan