[postgis-users] Correct dump and restore

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Sun Nov 12 22:59:14 PST 2006

Thanks for the suggestions.

The pg_dump works.

For the _restore I had to download the latest source package. But
because I don't do any compilations/makes I just accessed the files
in the download directory.

So if I run the below mentioned postgis_restore.pl command I get the
following error:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib
   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/pg_restore
   Reason: image not found
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib
   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/pg_restore
   Reason: image not found
pg_restore call failed

There is a copy of that file on my computer under /Library/PHP4/lib/
libpq.3.dylib.

I tried to do a link: libpq.3.dylib -> /Library/PHP4/lib/libpq.3.dylib

But still it doesn't work.

However there is a file libpq.4.1.dylib in /usr/local/pgsql/lib

Gush, why are things always so complicated?

Thanks for any help!

Stefan