[postgis-users] HELP! Ms-Access shape data to the_geom

P Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Mon Nov 13 18:28:38 PST 2006

I thought we went over this...

On 11/13/06, Hendra Yana <Hendra at lskk.ee.itb.ac.id> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply man....
>
> Here is the sample cut of my MS-Access Database with the shape data field
> http://lskk.ee.itb.ac.id/Hendra/downloads/Disbun.rar
>

> My questions are:
>
> 1. Where is field of the_geom field in postgresql?
>
> 2. How to export this MS-Access to postgresql that support postgis?

try one of the translators such as ogr2ogr (as mentioned, IIRC, in
another email).

> 3. I try to export one field in MS-Access to csv format but the OLE Object
> Data type doesn't export well (empty), why?

think about it -- how do you think a binary piece of information can
be represented in pure text? Is it possible? No, it is not possible.

..

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation https://edu.osgeo.org/