[postgis-users] load more than one shape files to one table?

Thomas Zuberbuehler tzuberbuehler at datacomm.ch
Tue Nov 14 02:37:50 PST 2006

Rob,

You're great. I will made it with an additional field. And I think you
give me a solution idea how I can use only one table but with no
convertion. So I will use a WFS server and there I can limit a result
with a filter (the additional field).

Thank you. Thanks goes also Eric, Steve and Ville for their answers!

Regards,
Thomas

2006/11/14, Robert Coup <robert.coup at onetrackmind.co.nz>:
> Eric Randall wrote:
> > Unless I misunderstand (which happens all the time).
> > Use shp2pgsql to load the 150 routes to tables (with script).
> > Create a new table into which to insert the route tables
> > with a field(s) to keep the original route/segment identity.
> Another (potentially easy idea) might be to:
>
>    * create the pg table with a bonus field with a default value of 1
>    * load 1st shapefile using shp2pgsql
>    * update table so bonus field has default of 2 (psql..)
>    * load 2nd shapefile using shp2pgsql
>    * ...
>
> then combine geometries based on your bonus field.
>
> Rob :)

Thomas Zuberbuehler
http://www.zubi.li