[postgis-users] Probelm with postgis-pg81-setup-1.1.6-1 in XP

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 05:35:12 PST 2006

> Hi Mark,
>
> here I am sending the error log and also the installation details, as You
> asked. Let me know pls. if You identify what caused this behaviour, I am
> just curious.
>
> best regards
>
> Tomas

(CC back to postgis-users)

Hi Tomas,

Ahhh I think I see what happened here - the old PostgreSQL installers had
an option to install PostGIS into template1 as part of the install. Hence
when the installer creates the new template_postgis database, it finds
that the functions already exist :(

This option has been removed from the latest 8.2 installer, but of course
it may make things difficult for people upgrading. I'm not sure what the
best method to work around this is, other than attempting to drop the
complete list of PostGIS functions beforehand. Anyone on the list have any
better ideas?

Kind regards,

Mark.