[postgis-users] Converting From MULTILINESTRINGM to MULTILINESTRING

Thomas Zuberbuehler tzuberbuehler at datacomm.ch
Wed Nov 15 13:48:18 PST 2006

Hi Craig
Hi Strk

Unfortunately this are data from a government authority, that I
receive for my thesis (diploma) at the university. Sorry, I became
gladly, but it's not legal in this case. I hope you have

I've got a error like this:

ERROR: new row for relation "routes" violates check constraint

I found some solution in the meantime:

select AddGeometryColumn('','routes','the_geom2','21781','MULTILINESTRING', 2);
update routes set the_geom2 = force_2d(the_geom);
alter table routes drop column the_geom;

Thank you.