[postgis-users] C compiler cannot create executables UBUNTU-SERVER

Frederick Ross madhadron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 05:49:38 PST 2006

You need to install the development tools, which are not default on
Ubuntu.  The package is build-essentials.  You may have to add a few
things on top of that, but configure should complain about them
individually.

On 11/16/06, Benny Jonsson <benny.jonsson at ilr.uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some problem with installing postgis under UBUNTU. I'm using this
> howto
> http://postgis.refractions.net/support/wiki/index.php?PostgisOnUbuntu
> but i get the following error:
>
> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
> compiler cannot create executables
>
> when i execute
> ./configure
>
> Anyone have a clue?
>
>    /Benny

Frederick Ross
Graduate Fellow, (|Siggia> + |McKinney>)/sqrt(2) Lab
The Rockefeller University
Je ne suis pas Fred Cross!