[postgis-users] MakeLine question

Curtis W. Ruck ruckc at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 05:48:27 PST 2006

I have a table with gps tracks stored as points, each point being one data record for every second.

I am trying to write a view which generates a polyline for each track.  I know I need to "select MakeLine(the_geom) from track_log" but the postgis documentation suggests "You might want to use a subselect to order points before
		    feeding them to this aggregate."

Does anyone have an example of how to do this, the postgres documentation doesn't show an example of using a subquery in the SELECT list portion of the query.

Curtis