[postgis-users] RE: zigGIS Usage Experiences

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 01:09:17 PST 2006

Yes looks like a limit of custom layers, according to Esri docs

If you want to implement edit for custom layer looks like you have to
implement custom edit tool, there is a sample with xy file custom layer on
ArcObjects on line for implementing custom layer editing tool. Having said
that, from the other2 approaches: Plug in data source is read-only, so the
only viable solution would remain OGIS OLE DB Providers, but looks like it
is developable only with ATL c++

I recall the approaches here:
1) Custom Layers
2) Plug in data sources