[postgis-users] More newbie' questions

Gustavo Ces g.ces at pettra.es
Tue Apr 10 01:20:31 PDT 2007

Hi all,

    I´m trying to insert a column data ( double precision) from table p into another column b with two common columns( numerodist and numerosecc):

update b  set areaB=(select p.areaP from p, b where p.numerodist=b.numerodist
and p.numerosecc=b.numerosecc);

but this way i can´t because the result is a lot of rows, not a single one. How can i update my p table with the value of just one row of the first one? I know this is a sql question but i read the postgres reference and don´t know how to solve this.
Thanks in advance,

Galois